2012 Fitness Tax Credits
The Federal Government has created a Children’s Fitness Tax Credit for certain physical activities. Participation in soccer at Coastal FC is an activity that is eligible for this tax credit. The eligible activities provided by Coastal FC are:
- Regular league play (Spring and Fall)
- Academy play
Criteria for credit eligibility for the 2012 tax year:
- The Registration fees must be paid in 2012 for activities that occurred in 2012
- The eligible amount includes Base Registration Fee, Rep Team Fee and Capital Project Fee
- The refundable Volunteer Fee is not eligible
- Eligible for children who are under 16 at any time in 2012 (born in 1996 or later).
- Eligible for children who are under 18 at any time in 2012 (born in 1994 or later) if they have a disability.
Please ask us for an official tax receipt only if Canada Revenue Agency asks you for one. You are not required to attach a receipt to your income tax return.
For more information on the Children’s Fitness Tax Credit see http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/fitness