November 11th - Remembrance Day Jamboree
Welcome to the 2015 November 11th - Remembrance Day Jamboree
Details are still to be determined for the next Remembrance Day Jamboree. Registration is not available at this time.
All teams will play three (3) games unless the scheduled games are shortened or cancelled due to inclement weather or any unforeseen circumstances such as a critical injury. Teams have been grouped into divisions according to age and gender and will play all their games within their assigned divisions.
Best efforts will be made to group teams of similar ability to ensure that games are fun and balanced. Age groups and/or levels of play may be blended, at the tournament director's discretion.
There will be no scores or standings kept. The spirit of the jamboree is to let the kids play without the pressure of results and to ensure compliance with the mandate of Long Term Player Development (LTPD)
- All games will be played on small sided fields
- U9 and U10 will play 7 v 7
- U11 and U12 will play 8 v 8
- 2 X 20 minute running time halves (no injury time)
- 5 minute 1/2 time
- All games all start on the hour (ex. 9:00 AM)
- All games will end precisely on the :45 of each (ex. 9:00 game ends at 9:45)
- No offsides for U8 to U10
- 2/3 offsides for U11 and U12
- Substitutions are at the referees discretion
- All games can end in a tie. No overtime or penalty kicks
- All games will use size #4 soccer balls
Moment of Silence
There will be a moment of silence for ALL teams at precisely 11AM. Teams will line up to start the game and the referee will hold the game for the moment of silence. These games will kickoff no later than 11:05AM. We will try and use an air horn just before 11:00AM to indicate that it's time for the moment of silence. The expectation is that all jamboree participants will respect this important part of the event.
Home teams are listed on the left side of the schedule and are responsible for the following:
- Providing a game ball
- Change their jersey top in the event of a colour conflict
- Team coaches are directly responsible for the conduct of their players, bench, parents and spectators at all times
- If, in the opinion of the game officials, a game must be terminated for misconduct of players, bench or spectators, the offending team can be suspended from further play and forfeit that game and all remaining games.
- Any player or coach ordered from the field of play (including red cards) will not be allowed to participate in a minimum of one match (the next played). All discipline will be review by the jamboree committee
Games will be played at the following venue:
A concession and washroom facilities will be available at South Surrey Athletic Park.
Parking at South Surrey Athletic Park can be extremely busy. It is recommended that all teams plan and have enough time to park and make it to the park.